Why Work for Us?
What makes us different, why pick us as your next employer?
- Money. Yes, we’ve put it up the top because we know it’s important. It’s important to us too, so every year we review your rate, looking at the latest market rates to ensure you’re being paid what you’re worth. And…yes there’s more. If we’ve had a good year, you’ll typically get a pay increase & a bonus of a week’s extra wages. We pay 3% Kiwisaver & this is over & above your wage/salary. Plus, after 6 years’ we start rewarding your long service with an extra week’s wages every year.
- Size matters! We’re a big, but small company! That means if you’re after variety & opportunity we should be your first choice. Plenty of career progression & training & development opportunities. If you love being on the tools that’s awesome, if you want to climb the Foleys career ladder, we love that too & will be there supporting you on your way.
- We are owned by staff, so you too could own a part of the company you work for. Shares could be available for you to purchase after only two years with us.
- We have a Vision – To be leaders in all that we do, for our customers & our people. And a Purpose – To provide security & opportunity for the family of staff & shareholders at Foleys.
- It’s not all about work! We’re social, we have fun at work & also after work at our company events & social club activities. We’re competitive in a friendly way & we build great teams.
- Work-life balance. We truly believe in maintaining balance in your life. Do you need the occasional time off for appointments or family priorities, do you want flexibility over winter to get up the mountain, or do you need school hours? Talk to us about how we can make work fit into your life.
- We’re big on Apprentices, growing great tradies & ensuring you’re well trained, well-rounded & looked after. There are plenty of wage increases throughout your apprenticeship, so your wage rate just goes up & up! And we pay for lots of the extras too.
- Extra, extra! We haven’t even mentioned our $300 Christmas supermarket vouchers, our employee BP fuel discounts, our sick leave bank, paid partners’ leave (1-2 weeks when you have a baby), vehicle ownership options, extra $10/hr pay for the day lottery, & all the little things we do as a company to make you sing our praises.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER - OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In a nutshell these are below, if you want to read the details, read our one-pager:
- Nice Extras
- Vehicle Grants & Fuel Discounts
- Career Opportunities
- Personal Support
- Work-Life Balance
- Workplace Friendships
- Employee Share Scheme
- Social Responsibility
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We all say it, but we also really believe that keeping you safe & providing you with all the training & tools to enable this, is critically important. Our Health & Safety management system is based on ISO 4801, which is reviewed annually to ensure standards are being maintained. We provide our tradespeople with Sitesafe & first aid training. We also hold regular health & safety training sessions.
As recognised leaders in training, we look after our apprentices - taking an active interest in each tradesperson's progress.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IF YOU DO YOUR APPRENTICESHIP WITH US:
- Full pay while you are at block courses.
- Regular pay increases (approx. twice a year) with feedback every six months from your manager on how things are going
- A wide range of experience that few other employers can match, commercial & domestic & opportunities to work in different branches.
- To be up-skilled regularly with new product & technical training
- A career path that suits your skills & ambitions including the opportunity to become a cadet & have extra development opportunities to really build your career so that you could become a Supervisor, Estimator, Project Manager, or even Branch Manager down the track.
Are you from these towns (or nearby): Balclutha, Alexandra, Ranfurly, Wanaka, Queenstown, Twizel, Oamaru, Timaru, Putaruru, Palmerston North or Rotorua? If you’re keen to do your apprenticeship in our larger two branches of Dunedin or Christchurch, please get in touch. We’re keen to provide opportunities to locals in our branch towns!
Interested in finding out more? Get in touch
We believe that length of service is a great indication of loyalty & happiness, so we're very proud that over ten per cent of our team have been with us for more than 10 years. We thank these staff with a payment - typically $1000 for their 10th anniversary & $500 every 5th anniversary after that.
Every 2 years we survey everyone at Foleys to gauge where we are at as an employer. Over the last few surveys, we consistently see around 90% of our staff loving working for us. Any areas for improvement are always noted & actions taken to get better. This is something we are always focused on – how can we look after our staff better, & we have various ways of getting input directly from staff on this.
Have we convinced you yet?!
To provide security & opportunity for the family of staff & shareholders at Foleys.
To be leaders in all that we do, for our customers & our people.
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Family & Team Oriented
Respect each other, work together, look out for one another.
Be cooperative, support & respect colleagues while maintaining trust.
Maintain consistency & professionalism when dealing with all staff.
Actively participate as a member of the team to support the team towards meeting goals.
Have an Open Sense of Humour
Be able to laugh at yourself & encourage camaraderie within the team.
Be good-humoured as appropriate.
Be Conscious of Presentation
Uphold the Foleys reputation at all times.
Take pride in your personal appearance (look professional), be respectful of customers & perform work to the high ‘Foleys’ standard.
Be Timely, Organised & Structured in your Work
Have tidy work practices.
Observe confidentiality & discretion.
Always be Responsible
Take responsibility for your own actions & own your role within the company.
Follow through on all parts of the role.
Ensure detailed review & accurate analysis where required.
Actively problem solve & come back with time practical solutions.
Receive direction & feedback positively & professionally.
Say What You Think (With Respect)
Have excellent rapport with customers & colleagues.
Be willing to communicate ideas.
Have the courage to tell the truth (in a way that is helpful & constructive).
Be Prepared to go the Extra Mile
Demonstrate a high work ethic.
Be willing to make a special effort to complete tasks, meet deadlines & fulfil duties.