Health & Safety is the first priority in everything we do. All our tradespeople are SiteSafe approved & first aid trained. Our Health & Safety management system is based on ISO 4801 which is reviewed annually to ensure standards are being maintained. Having a high standard of management system gives property owners & PCBU's peace of mind that our tradespeople will be compliant with all the relevant health & safety requirements.
We operate 9 cardinal rules:
- 01 I will only operate equipment I am trained for
- 02 I will follow hazard ID procedure
A - job cards, B - iPad Hazard ID, C - Site Specific Safety Plans
- 03 I will follow confined space procedures
- 04 I will follow working at height procedures
- 05 I will wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- 06 I will report injuries & near misses
- 07 I will only use correctly tagged electrical equipment
- 08 I will follow excavation procedures
- 09 I will follow isolation procedures
HEALTH + SAFETY TEAM
In October 2022 Michelle Muir rejoined Foleys as our Health, Safety & Wellness Manager. Michelle was the H&S Manager up until January 2021 & has an extensive background in H&S.
She is supported in her role by our health & safety team & committees. The team meets weekly to map the future of our health & safety policies & the continuous improvement of our systems. The team is made up of staff from all of our branches to ensure consistent standards & procedures are followed by all our staff. The Health & Safety committees in Dunedin & Christchurch meet quarterly to ensure day-to-day health & safety requirements are met & any issues are resolved.